Thursday, October 7, 2010

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

Ive been doing a lot of movie reviews lately!....maybe the habit is becoming about my movie habit alone?

anywho....

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps.
I am old enough to remember and love the original movie. Combining that with my man crush on Shia you can see why i was super keen on this movie. I even resisted watching an "obtained" version so I could experience it at the cinema.

well....this movie seemed like two movie tacked together to me. One cool money/business/badys v goodys movie and one lame ass love story.

I did not get the love story in this movie at all. I am actually tempted to totally re-edit this whole movie less the slow as slow can be love story pieces. The girl needed to be in the picture but the whole corny side story didn't.

all in all tho I enjoyed 70% of this flick a lot....so that's more than most movies Ive watched lately.

Interestingly Michael Douglas and someone from the original movie who made a cameo both looked really really haggard on screen. "2 and a half men" might have to be called "2 and a half men and one is really old and has a huge chin and bad skin in real life"

3.5 stars outa 5